When selecting a hardwood floor for your home or place of business perhaps the last word that individuals want to hear is the term “engineered”. Often associated with lesser quality material, the term “engineered” immediately sets off alarms of would be potential purchasers of engineered wood floors shutting off all further communication and explanation of the numerous benefits offered by engineered flooring.
The term “engineered” only Hard Wood Flooring - Why It Is The Best Flooring Solution For Your ... Seymour CT 06483 implies how the flooring material is made as is of little consequence to the overall brilliance, dependability and affordability that engineered flooring is noted for. Ranked as one of the top choices of all available wood flooring materials, engineered wood floors continue to excel in performance with lasting quality that supports the composition of all engineered wood floors.
Depending on grade selected, engineered floors are comprised Seymour CT 06483 of multiple layers of either high density particle board (HDF) or multiple density particle board (MDF), which gives engineered floor superior strength and rigidity. Glued together in a cross-pattern format under extreme pressure and heat, engineered wood floors will not buckle, gap, cut or twist. The top, visible layers of engineered flooring are crafted from the finest Northern veneers and available in a variety of Which Wooden Flooring to Pick and the Differences of Each Seymour CT 06483 colors and finishes to coincide with all present interior décor and individual specifications. Grades of engineered flooring are often determined by layers of either MDF or HDF, with the higher or increased number of layers and overall thickness resulting in higher costs per square foot.
Associated costs for engineered floors are based on the lamella, or top visible layer, with exotic woods costing considerably more per Seymour CT 06483 square foot. With 3-ply (layer) construction, ¼” in thickness, engineered wood floors average approximately $3-$5.00 per square foot. With increased density to 5-ply (layer) construction, the cost per square foot ranges from $6-$9.00 per square foot. Top-of-the-line construction of engineered wood floors is the 7-ply (layer) ¾”construction ranging from $10-14$ per square foot. Overall pricing per square foot increases substantially in the selection of a Seymour CT 06483 lamella, finished layer, for hand-scraped and other exotic wood species.
Designed from an environmentally responsible standpoint, engineered wood floors are the latest in “green development” respecting the environment, with the production of an “eco-friendly” flooring material by:
• Using only half as many trees as solid wood floors
• Providing a faster, renewable wood for inner layers
• Less mills wastes and pollution omitted into the atmosphere
Seymour CT 06483
• Comprised of only water-based finishes protecting rivers and streams
• Using a formaldehyde free adhesive bonding inner layers that exceeds even the most rigid air quality standards
With millions of dollars spent annually by engineered flooring manufacturers to safe guard the environment, engineered wood floors remain competitively priced with distinct advantages over traditional solid hardwood flooring applications and installations which include:
• Lamella, top finished layer, Seymour CT 06483 available in dozens of wood species
• Applied surface effects can be applied to further enhance overall appearance
• Factory finishes often out-last site-applied finishes on solid hardwood floors
• No drying time for finishes due to prefinished surfaces
• May be installed in basements directly over concrete slabs
• Installation is quick and easy requiring basic installation tool knowledge
• May be refinished to Seymour CT 06483 repair wear and tear depending on thickness selected
• Core layer contracts and expands in all weather conditions
• May be removed and reinstalled at other locations
With beauty, integrity and overall value, engineered floors add significant value to all homes and places of business. To date, these floors continue to increase in popularity with millions of homes and businesses nationwide, having installed engineered floors. Where Seymour CT 06483 affordability and practical uses applications are of foremost importance, engineered floors continue to reflect the beauty of manufactured inspirations.